While their names suggest they’re related, the two companies have different goals. Let’s explore what distinguishes these two business models and why you should care about them if you run an organization in Canada.
What is Kajabi?
What is Kajabi? Kajabi is a real estate investment trust (REIT) based in Toronto, Canada. It was created to expand the market for luxury rentals in cities worldwide.
To create a new generation of leaders in cities, Kajabi is a P2P luxury real estate investment trust based around the model of social media. REITs allow investors to buy and hold real estate directly between themselves. The company’s goal is to raise more funds through subscription-based crowdfunding platforms, allowing investors to withdraw as much as they have put in at any moment. To learn more about Kajabi, visit https://www.thecoachsupport.com/blog/what-is-kajabi
What is Thinkific?
Thinkific is an early-stage company focused on helping cities and cities-as-a-service get closer to their long-term goal of being a fully-fledged cities.
Thinkific is a business unit that provides software to local governments and other governmental entities that enables them to create and manage their social media and e-commerce platforms. The company’s mission is to solve the challenges faced by local governments and other governmental entities concerning online social media and e-commerce.
Key differences between Kajabi and Thinkific
- Kajabi’s public sector model relies on subscription-based crowdfunding platforms and multiple parties working together to fund its activities. Thinkific’s model is based on a single source of truth, with all decisions made by a single company.
- The public sector model of Kajabi relies on unionizing employees and providing them with benefits through employee adoption of new technologies. Thinkific’s model gives employees the freedom to choose where and when they want to be paid and where they can choose whether or not to join a company.
- For its part, the private sector model of Thinkific involved a single vendor providing everything from marketing insight to strategic planning.
- Both companies focus on city-as-a-service. Kajabi offers cities and local governments the ability to sell real estate and manage their social media platforms and e-commerce businesses. Thinkific, on the other hand, offers a city-as-a-service model that enables businesses to sell products and services to customers anywhere in the world.
- Both companies offer training and mentorship programs for executives and business leaders. Kajabi’s business development department provides in-depth training and leadership programs for city managers and key decision-makers. At the same time, Thinkific offers on-site training for employees who can access training online or in person.
- Both companies have different strategies for retaining your current leaders. Kajabi focuses on relationships with the public and creating new ones, while Thinkific wants to build a company culture that encourages employees to run for and maintain their positions.
Kajabi and Thinkific provide a framework for digital transformation in the public service to make it easier for employees to collaborate and share experiences. The difference is the method the companies are using to do so.